Turmeric is a spice of great aroma and flavor
The story of turmeric in our house:
Pete was sick ( he did this time the DRAMA BOY. hahahhah ), but he never wants to take medicine.
So I needed to find a quick solution because otherwise this guy would not stop complaining … 🙂
Finally I found a video from Veggie magnifique “25 natural cures for a cold”. I discovered many amazing remedies and tips! We recommend you to see it. 🙂
These cures are INCREDIBLE! In two days you will feel much better! It contains garlic, ginger, orange juice, lemon juice, agave syrup and TURMERIC!
But what is turmeric and how can it help us?
Mari, our nutritionist friend going to tell us:
- Turmeric is a spice of great aroma and flavor, which comes from the root of a herbaceous plant. This plant comes mainly from southern India and Indonesia.
- It is a spice with a great historical tradition, since it was first used in India the years of 610 A.C. At 320 B.C. it was used as a paint for natural fabric because of its orange-yellow color.
Turmeric has many nutritional benefits, here are some properties:
- It is a potent anti-inflammatory medication for rheumatoid arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome.
We have noticed that we have less spot on our skin … We do not know if it is really an effect of this spice, but we have noticed the difference. 🙂
- It has several component that help reduce the risk of cancer, especially duodenum cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer and skin cancer.
We try to take care of ourselves and have a healthy life. We invest a lot in “natural” food and try to ignore the processed one. Maybe we are wrong but we think that food has a huge effect on our health.
- It is very beneficial to protect the liver in a completely natural way, thanks to the presence of curcumin, caffeic acid, among other substances that protect your cells.
- It is able to reduce burning stomach. It also contains substances which are capable for stimulating the secretions of pancreatic juices, improving digestion.
During the holidays in Canada I suffered from burning stomach. I had to go to see someone because I did not know what was it and what to do in that very moment. It’s good to know that turmeric can help. 🙂
- It helps naturally to reduce flatulence and gas.
Haha Mari, can you give turmeric to Vermont, our dog, please? : P
- It is excellent for the digestive system, so it is very helpful to facilitating and improving digestions, especially when there are slow or heavy digestions. It is also useful for facilitating the digestion of fats, especially in case of copious and excessive meal.
- It also helps to have a better immunity, to prevent cardiovascular diseases. It is excellent in cases of bronchitis or respiratory diseases, it helps to regulate the period and it also contains potent antimicrobial properties.
Thank you very much for your advice,Mari!
You’re a sweetheart! <3