Vegetarian Pad Thai with vegetables and soy sauce
For 2/3 people:
- 140 gr special noodles- Pad Thai
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 red pepper
- 60 gr cashews or peanuts (natural and without salt, slightly crushed).
- 80 gr green peas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 stick of lemongrass
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds (for decoration)
For the sauce:
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (from the brand El Granero Integral)
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup (from the brand El Granero Integral)
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar (from the brand El Granero Integral)
- juice of ½ a lime
Start by washing the vegetables (pepper, zucchini, carrot, and peas) and cut them into thin pieces. Next, cut the lemongrass stick lengthwise in half, so that the flavors would spread during cooking.
Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, boil the water and cook the noodles according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
In a wok or wok pan, heat the sunflower oil and add all the vegetable pieces, and lemongrass. Cook for 5-7 minutes. But not too long because we want the vegetables to stay crispy!
In a bowl, mix the eggs. Then, in a small saucepan, heat some sunflower oil and add the eggs. Cook, stirring well with a wooden spoon until they are cooked.
Now-the sauce. For that, simply put all the sauce ingredients in your blender (or in a bowl) and mix everything together!
Then add the noodles, eggs, and nuts to the wok and let it heat for about 3 minutes.
Finally, add the sauce and stir again.
Arrange on a plate, and decorate it with a some black sesame seeds, a piece of lime and lemongrass…
Et voilà, that’s it!
Collaboration with the brand El Granero Integral